This adventure has been going for a few weeks now. Heres 5 topics that have hit home over that time.
1. It takes courage to jump. There will be individuals, including yourself, that will deter you from going outside ‘your lot’. There will be good reasons not to jump. Economic reasons. Family reasons. Dumb reasons. Reconcile these first. Then you will jump.
2. Humans respond to small things. I still get goosebumps when I think about the lady who brought coffee for 5 complete strangers and then left. That small gesture jolted me out of my thoughts, my issues, my routine. It made my largest issues go away, just for a split second, some longer. It put a smile on my face, which in turn put on a smile on the person I next happened to lock eyes with.
3. Familiarity gives comfort but it doesn’t always extend us. Familiarity is good to a degree. Take the 5 year old. Loves when the school music plays at 9.25am. It signifies that school has started. He now knows what to expect. But be careful. Familiarity can allow hours to slip into days, days to slip into weeks and days to slip into years. Good habits on the other hand are vital……
4. Investment into your time. Time is precious. Its all we truly have. Only you can truly control the time you have (most of the time). Everyone has the same 8,760 hours a year. What we do with it is up to you. Getting into good habits is essential. Meditation for 10-15 minutes a day. Exercise 45 mins a day. Habits such at these make that 8,760 hours go a lot further.
5. CONTROL WHAT YOU CAN CONTROL. This is the most important learning. Seriously. What is the point of worrying about something that you can’t control. Its not fair on you. Its not fair on those around you. It won’t alter the outcome. What you can do it is prepare for things that matter and take control from there.
Many more topics to come and remember to set yourself apart.